Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"One"derland

One of my all time favorite shows on television is The Biggest Loser. I used to love it as motivation when I was at the gym.  One of their sayings for when someone went under 200lbs was "one"derland. Well last week I achieved that.


I am embarrassed to say that I let myself get so heavy that I would be so excited to be in the 100's. I made a lot of stupid choices with my health. It's not that I didn't have control its that I felt that was my only control for a really long time. Know I am taking control in a different way. I really love feeling so much better. I love that I am sleeping better at night. I love that I don't feel as self conscious. I love that this is only the beginning.

One of the things I learned when I did weight watchers was to lift something that weighs the amount of weight you lost to help put it into perspective. I have been doing this and it is hard to find something that is 58lbs but I did go to the store and hold two twenty pound bags of potatoes. I was shocked at just the 40lbs of weight. I can't believe I was carrying that extra weight.

I know I still have a long way to go, but I am feeling more motivated. I am feeling proud, excited and so many other emotions. I am just so happy.

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost 95 lbs.
    Like you I didn't have anything I could lift that weighed that much.
    I did have a son weighing 75lbs and a toddler weighing 20 lbs.
    I'd look at them and think woah! I lost two whole people off my body! Woah!
    I'm proud of you. :) I have felt so much better. I have energy and took back my life.
    I really hope you find peace.
    I know the control you are talking about. I started attending 12-steps. It helped me.

    ReplyDelete